This Promotion is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Need for Speed Community Car Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is aimed at promoting Need for Speed and is open only to legal residents of Austria, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, ,, Germany, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, United Kingdom, the United States (including the District of Columbia), except Florida and New York, who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Promotion. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Promotion, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. How to Enter: Visit the official Need for Speed Twitter page at www.twitter.com/needforspeed and favorite or retweet one of the tweets that contain the hashtag #NFSbuild (each an “Entry” or “Entries”) Each Entry will be entered into a prize drawing. Winners will be picked at random. .
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person Use of any automated system to participate in the Promotion is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and all entries submitted or received via such automated system will be void. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information or entries, which will be disqualified and void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder (as defined herein) of the email address used by, or connected to, the eligible entrant will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
For Residents of Austria and Germany: This personal information is collected and processed only for the purposes of organising, running and monitoring the campaign. The organising entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level. Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data. Entrants may request such action by sending a message with the request, subject line Need for Speed Community Car Sweepstakes to firstname.lastname@example.org].
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 09:00:01 British Summer Time (“BST”) on August 5, 2015 and ends at 23:59:59 BST on August 9, 2015 (“Promotion Period”).
5. Prize Drawings: Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around September 1, 2015 at approximately 16:00 BST. The drawing(s) will take place at the Sponsor’s offices at the address set forth above.. The potential winner will be notified by Twitter Direct Message with instructions to provide eligibility information for the purposes of confirming prize eligibility. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability, which must be received by Sponsor, within 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time limited skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability within the required time period, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly within the time limit provided (if applicable) , refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which Sponsor retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
6. Prizes: Five (5) winners will each receive a prize trip to Las Vegas, Nevada for the SEMA show in November 2015. Winners must be available for travel November 3-6, 2015.
One (1) winner will receive a trip for one (1) person to the SEMA show scheduled for November 6-9, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Each prize trip includes roundtrip, economy/coach class airfare for 1 Winner from the major commercial airport nearest the Winner’s residence; hotel accommodations for 3 Days and 3 Nights (one (1) double occupancy room) at a hotel of the Sponsor’s choosing; ground transportation to/from SEMA ; one (1) ticket to SEMA. Incidentals, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, Spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees and airline service charges, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Winner must notify Sponsor of intended dates of travel by no later than 2 weeks prior to the intended date of departure. All travel must be completed by November 10, 2015 , 2015 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions, so Sponsor cannot guarantee prize trip will be available on the exact dates specified by Winner. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Winner.. Any Winner who is a minor must be accompanied during travel by at least one adult (parent or guardian) 18 years of age or older. Winner must have valid passport, visa or old required travel documents. Additional restrictions may apply.
The approximate retail value of each prize is USD$3,000 / Euro 2757. Actual value of prize trip may vary depending on Winner’s residence and seasonal rates.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees: (1) To the extent allowable under applicable law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and Germany with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law; (2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Promotion; (3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Promotion, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited; and (4) The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
8. Winners List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the end of the Promotion Period (listed above) and no later than September 1, 2015. We will post the names of confirmed winners online after September 1, 2015 at www.needforspeed.com. This list will remain posted until December 31, 2015.
© 2015 Electronic Arts Inc.