We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost in Gothenburg is looking for a Technical Artist with UI art, design, and layout skills, and who is an expert with Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. Skills using major 3D packages (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya) could be advantageous.
Your goal will be to make the player’s experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and HUDs (heads up displays). You will be responsible for focusing on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. You will work with the UI Art Lead and Producer to help build seamless and immersive interfaces.
What a Senior UI Technical Artist does at EA:
- Work closely with the Producer, and UI Art Lead to create mock-ups and build prototypes of UI features
- Work closely with the UI engineers to implement and iterate on UI features
- Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Provides technical support to the team with UI and layout skills
- Delivers optimized UI assets and layouts to the developers
The next great Senior UI Technical Artist also needs:
- At least 5+ years of games/animation/UI production experience with at least 3 years’ experience in the game industry
- Strong scripting knowledge, either from conventional scripting languages (python, lua, ruby), visual scripting languages or general programming languages.
- Strong artist/illustrator skills with a strong sense of design and an intermediate knowledge of Photoshop.
- Understanding of various gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets.
- Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues.
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists, designers and software engineers.
- General understanding of common UX principles and usability in interfaces.
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console
- Degree in Art, Animation, Design, or related field.
- Advanced understanding of at least one 3D package, preferably Maya.
- Sound illustration and iconography skills.
- Specific game development experience.
- Proficiency with C# or C++.
- Sound illustration and iconography skills
- Experience/knowledge of Agile/iterative development methodologies
- Specific game development experience
- Experience with scripting, and/or visual scripting languages.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.