We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost in Gothenburg is looking for a Technical Artist with UI art, design, and layout skills, and who is an expert with Photoshop, Flash and/or Illustrator, Premiere, Dreamweaver and After Effects. Skills using major 3D packages (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage/XSI) would be advantageous.
Your goal will be to make the player’s experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus and HUDs (heads up displays). You will be responsible for focusing on the game player’s experience and interaction with the game. You will work with the UI Art Lead and Producer to help build seamless and immersive interfaces.
What a UI Technical Artist does at EA:
- Work closely with the Producer, UI Art Lead and UI Engineers to create mock-ups and build prototypes of UI features
- Work closely with the UI engineers to implement and iterate on UI features
- Develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Provides technical support to the team with UI and layout skills
- Delivers optimized UI assets and layouts to the developers
The next great UI Technical Artist also needs:
- Excellent and proven graphic and information design background
- Technically strong
- Tirelessly champions the user’s experience, focusing on positive reinforcement
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely from team and project leadership
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who loves to work with programmers, artists, and other designers
- Expertise in Adobe software packages.
- Ability to learn and master the technical tools as per the game requirement
- Developed communication skills, able to work with a range of stakeholders
- Understanding of games production cycles
- Sound illustration and iconography skills
- Experience/knowledge of Agile/iterative development methodologies
- Specific game development experience
- Experience with scripting, and/or visual scripting languages.
We’ll only consider local candidates for this role.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded.
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is temporary and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.