We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Artworks is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
The Challenge Ahead
We are currently working on the next installment in the Need for Speed series and we are looking for an experienced Technical Artist for our Artworks team in Gothenburg.
What a Senior Tech Artist does at EA:
- Be an expert of EA proprietary technologies to support team’s members and outsourcers
- Develop and maintain content production workflows, tools development, identify and fix pipeline issues
- Contribute towards the design of game features ensuring that runtime performance and workflows meet production quality levels
- Technical workflow support for Artists and Content Creators
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with other artists
- Works in a highly collaborative and creative environment
The next great Senior Tech Artist also needs:
- 3 years game/film industry experience or equivalent with at least one AAA shipped title
- An artistic eye to be able to drive improvements in graphic quality
- Excellent DCC scripting skills (ie. Mel/Pymel or equivalent)
- Tools development experience in one or more of the following languages: C++/C#/Python
- Technical proficiency in modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering applied to real time environments
- Excellent problem solving attitude
- Ability to understand game performance via the use of tools such as Pix/Razor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Develop, maintain and optimize advance shading solutions for real time game assets, both in engine and studio DCC software (HLSL/CGFX)
- Passion for real time rendering tech and/or asset creation pipeline tools
- SideFX Houdini experience
- Experience with Maya API
- Computer Science Bachelor degree or equivalent
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.