We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA studios Frameworks team is looking for a talented engineer to help us streamline, optimize and generally improve the ways data flows through the different departments involved in making art assets for our AAA games. As a part of our team you will be exposed to all the different aspects and domains that collaborate on bringing art to life in modern games.
As a Tools Software Engineer your job will be to write software and technologies to help our art teams be more efficient in the way they make assets. Your tasks will include: requirements gathering; architectural tool design, implementation, and debugging; and working on complex problems with artists and other engineers in the domain of tool, pipeline and workflow development in order to improve, simplify or optimize processes.
What a Tools Software Engineer does at EA
• Working closely with customers (i.e. artists and engineers) to develop user-friendly tools, easy to manage and efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
• Work as an individual contributor to gather user requirements, design, implement, debug, test and maintain code with good quality.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficient in C# (knowledge of latest .NET Base class library)
• Designing User Interfaces in C# using WPF and/or Windows Forms
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Understanding of Design Patterns and corresponding implementations in C#
- Previous experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development.
• Experience with one or more of the following major Digital Content Creation tools: Maya, Houdini, Photoshop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Ability to analyze and improve workflows to enhance group productivity.Additional Skills:
- Frostbite experience is beneficial
- Experience with C++
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with build systems and related concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
• Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems – TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
• Previous experience in WCF
• Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
• Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer’s code competently.Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills):
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment.
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
• Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. This position is in Gothenburg, Sweden. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.