We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for someone passionate about the fun in games and looking to build their long term career in the engineering domain. If you have a bit of a designer or creative spark in you and are enthusiastic about the gamer experience, we would love to talk to you. At Ghost Games, Software Engineers work very closely day-to-day with designers, product owners, project managers and other engineers to bring the game vision to live within fairly strict project timelines.
As a Tools Software Engineer your job will be to write software and technologies to help our art teams be more efficient in the way they make assets. Your tasks will include: requirements gathering; architectural tool design, implementation, and debugging; and working on complex problems with artists and other engineers in the domain of tool, pipeline and workflow development in order to improve, simplify or optimize processes.
What a Tools Software Engineer does at EA
- Working closely with customers (i.e. artists and engineers) to develop user-friendly tools, easy to manage and efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
- Work as an individual contributor to gather user requirements, design, implement, debug, test and maintain code with good quality.
- Improve the experience of Ghost Games’ SE’s and Content Editors by continually increasing the quality of our solution.
- Design and maintain the set of in-house tools that are used to make the games
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of C# and WPF development.
- An understanding of UI best practices.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Experience as a user of 3D animation tools.
- Experience optimizing C# code and writing responsive and scalable UI’s.
- Experience writing unit tests as part of development.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with Python.
- An understanding of multi-threaded programming.
Performance Competencies (Non Technical Skills)
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills.
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests.
- Demonstrated ownership for success of internal customers as well as for assigned tasks.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.