WE ARE EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The EA studios Frameworks team is looking for talented individuals to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Software Engineer on the Frameworks team, you will contribute your unique skillset to the effort of streamlining, optimizing and generally improving the ways data is organized, built and iterated on across the different departments involved in making content for our AAA games. The Frameworks team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As a member of the team, your job will be to contribute to the solution of global problems and write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation; all with an eye towards common, scaleable solutions that work across all groups and titles.
- Working closely with customers (i.e. artists and engineers) to develop user-friendly tools and easy to manage, efficient pipelines
- Building optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content
- Partnering closely with end users to understand their workflows and toolset needs
- Gathering project level requirements and writing designs
- Ensuring delivery of projects on time and to specifications
- Following established coding standards
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5 years as an engineer in entertainment related industry
- Proficiency with C#
- Working knowledge of .NET Base class library – Core .NET 2.0 through 4.5
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Understanding and implementation of Design Patterns and implementation in C# code
- Designing User Interfaces in C# using WPF and/or Windows Forms
- Previous experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity
- Experience with C++
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with build systems and concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
- Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems – TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
- Previous experience in WCF
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Expertise and experience in UI development
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer’s code competently
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES (Non-technical skills)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Innovative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.