We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost Games is seeking an experienced User Interface Artist to be located in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will be responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize, design, and create individual assets for the interface. Most importantly- it will be your job to ensure the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of selection and customization screens.
What a Senior UI Artist does at EA:
- Partner with the Art Director, designers and programmers to deliver on an innovative, attractive and functional user experience
- Build and maintain the UI art style guide – by leading the vision, you’ll ensure the team delivers a consistent and immersive gaming experience to our players
- Work closely with the UI Engineers to implement UI features
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Creation of required art assets (icons etc.)
The next great Senior UI Artist also needs:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with at least 3 years’ experience in the game industry
- Excellent and proven graphic and information design background
- Strong usability design/test experience
- Tirelessly champions the user’s experience, focusing on positive reinforcement
- Ability to iterate on clear and complete user/data flows prior to development (e.g., Visio, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who loves to work with programmers, designers, and other artists
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with motion art / After Effects is beneficial
- Shipped at least 2 games, with at least 1 game being AAA on a next generation console
- Experience with game-engine schematics
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.