We are EA
Artworks is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
The Challenge ahead
Ghost is now looking for Environment Artists with solid technical knowledge and skills that are able to push a programmer to generate new innovative looks, lighting, and moods in their levels. You are used to push yourself and others hard to achieve amazing results, you are also flexible to change and able to modify their work if it will result in improving the overall ambiance of the world they’re creating. The Environment Artist must have a passion for building new and innovative worlds.
Who you are:
- The ability to think in 3D
- Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- Good use of light and shadow
- Breadth of artistic styles
- An understanding of optimization
- Excellent sense of scale and level of finish
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya
- Highly commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for own work
- Work with level designers to ensure solid gameplay on the levels
- Proactive and driven
- An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality
- Team player and good collaboration skills
- 2-5 years experience
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.