WE ARE EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
If you are ready to make the difference with world class technologies and development teams to deliver the products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you. The Ghost studio in Gothenburg works on EA’s Need For Speed titles, one of EA’s longest running franchises that have delighted millions of players worldwide.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for building tools and technologies in support of Ghost’s software development, quality assurance and software test processes.
Fully embedded in the Ghost development team, the Software Quality Engineer will work closely with the developers to integrate QE technologies, create test frameworks, enable automated testing, collect metrics & crashes and develop reports. The SQE will also provide technologies and services to the Quality Assurance group and support any local infrastructure for automated testing and other QE systems.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Professional Software development experience in C# and preferably C++ (Internships included).
- Experience with the Continuous Integration System Jenkins using Pipeline scripts
- Preferred knowledge of gaming consoles.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision.
- Successfully interface with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
- Goal driven achiever with high productivity.
- Ability to see, understand and work within the wider strategic picture.
- Resourceful and innovative – identify issues and implement solutions, as required.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Integrate systems and tools into existing code base and processes.
- Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment.
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Continuous, front-line communication with all customers on goals and strategy.
- Contribute to the company’s general quality strategy.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.