We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Artworks is the central content creation group for the EA Label, developing high end visual content (characters, environments, props, FX, lighting, etc.). We partner closely with the studio Game Teams in co-development for many games labels developed across EA. Artworks prides itself in delivering large volumes of high quality art assets while consistently striving for improvements in visuals, tools, process and workflow.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost Games, the studio behind Need for Speed, are looking for an Outsource Art Lead. The OS Art Lead will work with both internal and external teams of world/environment artists, to direct and manage outsource infrastructure and pipeline. The OS Art Lead will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Artists to understand and communicate the visual goals of the project externally and to maintain the consistency of vision with the external teams.
The OS Art Lead will continually strive for quality, whilst employing and developing efficient working practices, to ensure practical delivery of large volumes of content.
What an Outsource Art Lead does at EA:
- Own the quality control of incoming assets and manage the process of feedback and approval
- Manage performance issues and provide guidance to external partners
- Define high level Art Production strategy and assist in scheduling
- Manage incoming content, organize and distribute in engine for the internal art team
- Monitor asset database and ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Oversee external art training and documentation
- Collaborate with Worlds DD to mitigate and escalate quality issues, scheduling and changes in scope.
- Coordinate creation of benchmark assets and creation of art briefs
- Lead internal OS training
- Define and document OS best practices
- Coordinate with Distribution Development Manager on addressing vendor gaps, training requirements, work orders.
- Coordinate vendor communication to internal team
- Gather references and assist in the look development process
- Identify new partners and oversee vendor testing
- Define new areas that will require bench mark assets
- Devise vendor training packages
- Able to produce quick rough production concept art or paintovers if necessary
An Outsource Art Lead needs:
- Portfolio demonstrating a capability to make solid art choices
- Prior game industry experience in an art distribution role
- Proven AAA production experience
- Familiarity with Excel, Shotgun or other databases
- Good knowledge of Maya, Max, or similar 3D modeling software
- Experience in game production design process and methodology
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
We look forward to receiving your application!
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.