We are EA
Artworks is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination. We look for the best in everyone.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost has a vacant position for an outstanding Lighting Artist. The candidate we’re looking for will work on different EA projects at different times, based on where the certain projects are in the development phase.
What the Lighting Artist will do:
- Creates both the exterior and interior lighting within an open world environment.
- Shoot lighting cutscenes in varying types of environment.
- Places and tweaks light sources within the environment.
- Prototypes the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
Who you are:
- Deep understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Good understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- An ability to thoroughly digest the art direction and be a champion for executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We thought you might also want to know:
More about our studio: http://ghostgames.com/
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.