We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Artworks is the central content creation group for the EA Label, developing high end visual content (characters, environments, props, FX, lighting, etc.). We partner closely with the studio Game Teams in co-development for many games labels developed across EA. Artworks prides itself in delivering large volumes of high quality art assets while consistently striving for improvements in visuals, tools, process and workflow.
The Challenge Ahead
The new Environment Art Lead at Ghost will work with a team of more than 100 world/environment artists (internal and external) to deliver a diverse and engaging open world for our players. This person will be the art director’s best friend, the projects manager’s partner and the team’s guide. The Art Lead is the glue that brings the art director’s vision and the team’s expectations together and ensures quality and consistency across the contents.
What an Environment Art Lead does at EA:
- Create and document workflows, processes and pipelines
- Communicate and collaborate efficiently with other stakeholders and teams
- Explore new techniques and tools that improves quality and efficiency
- Help manage asset production/delivery pipeline
- Break down and oversee the work of large external teams
- Mentor junior/intermediate artists
The next great EA Environment Art Lead also needs:
- Great Leadership and Communication skills
- Skills in Maya
- Skills in Substance Painter and Designer
- History in games development
- Complete understanding of art production process
- Demonstrated passion for visual environment/world creation
- Proven experience in implementing game worlds
- Proficient mentor able to train junior staff
- Create and maintain content creation guides
- Highly organized
- Experience in open world game production is a plus
- Skills in Zbrush is a plus
Additional attributes that we also appreciate are:
- Positive can-do attitude
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Love of art and games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
We look forward to receiving your application!
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.