We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for someone passionate about the fun in games and looking to build their long-term career in the DevOps Engineering domain. If you want to jump on the bleeding edge of virtualisation, microservices and containers and are enthusiastic about the gamer experience, we would love to talk to you. At Ghost Games, the DevOps Engineers closely work with each title the franchise produces to ensure our gamers have the best experience possible in game. This means collaborating with everyone from content designers to Frostbite engine engineers to design a scalable architecture that can support and scale to thousands of users a minute.
As a DevOps Engineer, your job will be to create and maintain the core infrastructure for the Need for Speed franchise. You will have close attention to detail as any mistake could negatively impact our users; have a keen sense of documentation, task management and be very self-driven. You’ll love collaborating and working with other parts of your team, as well as partners in different countries. You may even have some machine learning skills to make our systems smarter to guide our business towards a more efficient future.
Your tasks will include: requirements gathering; architectural tool design, implementation, and debugging; and working on complex problems with artists and other engineers in the domain of tool, pipeline and workflow development in order to improve, simplify or optimize processes. You’ll spend about 30% of your time “in the cloud”, 30% of your time doing reporting, monitoring, and the rest will be collaborating with other teams and innovating what tomorrow’s gamers will experience.
What a DevOps Software Engineer does at EA
- Working closely with the entire infrastructure of the franchise to make sure our gamers can have an always-online experience!
- Develop user-friendly tools, easy to manage and efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game servers.
- Implement reporting & monitoring of services
- Work as an individual contributor to gather user requirements, design, implement, debug, test and maintain code with good quality.
- Collaborate with the Frostbite engine team to proactively implement server solutions for changes in upcoming releases
- Improve the extensibility of Ghost Games’ server experience by utilising microservices, containers
- Design and maintain the set of in-house tools that are used to make & deploy game servers
- Collaborate with internal EA teams for maintenance of servers and support launch for all major and content update releases
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of C# and WPF development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Docker / Kubernetes
- AWS or similar cloud/virtualization experience
- Git / Perforce
- Statsd / Application monitoring / Prometheus
- Python / Golang / C++
- Linux / Ubuntu / Centos
- Any database experience (RDBMS/NoSQL/NewSQL)
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Previous experience working in a game or product studio that has multiple launches a year
- Previous experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) or in the DevOps space
- Previous experience implementing monitoring solutions
- Previous experience working in a distributed team
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a small team
- Past experience (university applies here) in machine learning
- .NET Core
- Experience working in an enterprise microservice environment
- Previous experience working with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Comfortable working in a large Linux & Windows environment
- ElasticStack / SMACK Stack
Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills)
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills in English.
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests.
- Demonstrated ownership for success of internal customers as well as for assigned tasks.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is an EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
We look forward to receiving your application!
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.