WE ARE EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Audioworks is an award winning team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, Audioworks is driving industry leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation and uncompromising quality.
EA’s Audioworks team has a full-time Development Director (DD) opportunity in our Gothenburg, Sweden location. There are many exciting projects underway in our studios and we produce progressive audio assets for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
We look for the best in everyone.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DD’s are the keepers of the project schedule and play a vital role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration and communication. The role of DD is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, great customer service, a solid ability to production manage, prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients. The DD will work in close collaboration with the other DM/Development Directors and Audioworks Management, in addition to supporting other Audioworks Department team members and all Audioworks clientele. The DD will be responsible for project management for multiple products, people management, managing scope, budget, and resourcing for individual projects.
LEADERSHIP & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Builds and evolves effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Provides line management to employees across Audio domains within a project team.
- Maintains regular communication with project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners.
- Participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements.
- Establishes and assigns task objectives from defined project goals; achieving project deliverables through managing team at a project level (e.g. franchise wide level).
- Proactively assesses and mitigates risk for assigned scope.
- Partnering with production to manage scope and quality.
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements.
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources as appropriate.
- 6+ years Project Management or team leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) across all levels of an organization, especially in a distributed team from different time zones.
- Ability to work with artists and an understanding of the creative process and its impact on business needs.
- Ability to provide straight-to-the-point status reports in a proactive and effective manner.
- Ability to own and drive a meeting with multiple stakeholders and effectively attain the meeting’s
- Experience in various project management methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile and a familiarity with project management tools (i.e. Jira/Hansoft).
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail.
- Positive team based attitude
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden’s second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Please apply online with a CV and Introduction letter in English. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.